The C6800 Family 16-port 10-Gigabit Ethernet fiber module is suitable for deployment in all campus aggregation and core networks.
- Two models: C6800-16P10G, a 16-port 10-Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Module with DFC4 (Figure 2), and C6800-16P10G-XL, a16-port 10-Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Module with DFC4XL
- Backplane connection: 80-Gbps backplane bandwidth in Catalyst 6807-XL and 6500-E chassis
- Chassis/slot support: Can occupy slots 1-2 and 5-7 in a Cisco Catalyst 6807-XL. Can occupy any slot in Cisco Catalyst 6503E, 6504E, 6506E, 6509E, and 6509-V-E. Can occupy slots 1-6 and 9-13 in a Cisco Catalyst 6513-E
- Supervisor engine: Compatible with Supervisor Engine 2T and Supervisor Engine 2TXL
- Distributed forwarding and performance: Comes equipped with a factory-installed DFC4-E or DFC4-EXL daughter card
The C6800 Family 16-port 10-Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Module provides up to 80 10-Gigabit Ethernet fiber ports in a single Cisco Catalyst 6807-XL Switch chassis, or up to 160 10-Gigabit Ethernet fiber ports in a Cisco Catalyst 6807-XL Virtual Switching System (VSS) 2T. It also provides up to 176 10-Gigabit Ethernet Fiber ports in a single Cisco Catalyst 6513-E Switch chassis or up to 352 10-Gigabit Ethernet Fiber ports in a Cisco Catalyst 6500 Virtual Switching System (VSS) 2T.