Cisco WS-X6848-SFP-2T 48-port Gigabit SFP Fiber Ethernet Module DFC4
The Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches offer a variety of 10 Gigabit and Gigabit Ethernet modules which work in conjunction with the new Catalyst 6500 Supervisor Engine 2T/2TXL (VS-S2T-10G & VS-S2T-10GXL) to serve different needs in the campus and data center for enterprise, commercial, and service provider customers. The modules in this family include the new 6800 Series 16-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Module, 16-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet Copper Module, 48-port Gigabit Ethernet Copper Module, 48-port Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Module and 24-port Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Module. The 10 Gigabit Fiber Module supports 10GBASE-CX4, -SR, -LRM, -LX4, -LR, -ZR and -ER X2 fiber modules to provide operational distances up to 80 km over single-mode fiber. The 10 Gigabit Ethernet Copper Module supports RJ-45 connectors and operational distance of up to 55 m over Category 6 Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) copper cabling; 100 meters over Category 6 Shielded Twisted Pair (STP) copper cabling, 100 meters over Category 6A UTP & STP copper cabling, and 100 meters over Category 7 STP copper cabling. Similarly Gigabit Ethernet Copper Module supports RJ-45 connectors and provides operational distance of up to 100 meters over Category 5, 5E & 6 UTP copper cabling. The Gigabit Fiber Modules support pluggable optics and provide operational distances of up to 80 km over single-mode fiber and over multimode fiber.
6800 Series 16-Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Module
The 6800 series 16-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet fiber module is suitable for deployment in access and aggregation network in Campus and Data Center:
- WS-X6816-10G-2T: 16-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Module with DFC4 (Figure 1) and
- WS-X6816-10G-2TXL: 16-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Module DFC4XL (Figure 1)
- Backplane connection: Connects to the switch fabric using dual full-duplex 20 Gbps switch fabric channels (40 Gbps total)
- Chassis/slot support: Can occupy any slot in Cisco Catalyst 6503E, 6504E, 6506E, 6509E, and 6509-V-E. Can occupy slots 1-6 and 9-13 in a Cisco Catalyst 6513-E
- Supervisor engine: Compatible with Supervisor Engine 2T and Supervisor Engine 2TXL
- Distributed forwarding and performance: Comes equipped with DFC4 or DFC4XL daughter cards, delivering optimal performance up to a sustained 60 Mpps for L2, IPv4 and MPLS forwarding and 30 Mpps for IPv6 forwarding
The 6800 Series 16-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet Fiber module (Figure 1) provides up to 176 10 Gigabit Ethernet Fiber ports in a single Cisco Catalyst 6513-E Switch chassis, 352 10 Gigabit Ethernet Fiber ports in a Cisco Catalyst 6500 Virtual Switching System (VSS) 2T.
6800 Series Gigabit Ethernet Fiber & Copper Modules
Designed for high performance Enterprise and Service Provider distribution, core layers, data-center, Web-hosting and Metro Ethernet applications, 6800 Series Fiber and Copper media interface modules provide Gigabit Ethernet forwarding using fiber optic or twisted pair cabling.
|Product||Transceiver Type||Ports/Interface/ Connectors||Port Density/ Chassis Model||Maximum Frame Size||Queues per Port (Tx = Transmit, Rx = Receive),**||Scheduler||Buffer Size per Port||Onboard Memory|
|WS-X6848-SFP-2T and WS-X6848-SFP-2TXL||Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP)||48 port; 1000BASE-SX, LX/LH, -ZX, -T; 1000BASE-CWDM; LC connecter||● 528 ports/6513E ● 384 ports/6509E||Up to 9216 bytes/frame||● Tx-1p3q8T ● Rx-2q8T||Deficit Weighted Round Robin (DWRR)||● Rx-166KB ● Tx-1.17MB||1GB Default|