NEW CISCO QSFP-40/100-SRBD TRANSCEIVER 100G AND 40G BASE SR-BIDI QSFP
NEW CISCO QSFP-40/100-SRBD TRANSCEIVER 100G AND 40G BASE SR-BIDI QSFP – Upgrade Seamlessly From 40Gb or 10Gb Data center traffic continues to grow, driven by increases in server activity, application density on virtualized servers, and demand for low-latency east-west connections between servers. When the popular QSFP+ 40Gb bi-directional (BiDi) transceiver was released, it enabled data center operators, for the first time, to upgrade from 10Gb to 40Gb without the need to replace fiber cable infrastructure. The next generation dual-rate BiDi, which has both 40Gb and 100Gb operational modes, offers the same benefits and more. The Cisco QSFP 40/100 Gb dual-rate BiDi transceiver can function as a 40Gb BiDi, matching its reach of 100m and 150m over OM3 and OM4 multi-mode fiber, respectively. In 100Gb mode, the dual-rate BiDi’s reach is 70m and 100m on OM3 and OM4, respectively. In both modes, the BiDi reach matches its SR4 counterpart.
As a single transceiver with these two modes of operation, the Cisco dual-rate BiDi enables data center operators to re-use their existing duplex LC-connectorized MMF infrastructure for migration from 10 Gb to either 40 Gb or 100 Gb Ethernet connectivity, or migration from 40Gb to 100Gb. Figure 2 shows the 100G BiDi Transceivers deployed in a leaf-spine logical architecture.
● 40Gb and 100Gb dual-rate capability
● Backward compatibility with 40Gb QSFP+ BiDi
● QSFP28 form factor
● Operates over duplex LC-connectorized MMF fiber infrastructure, same as 10Gb SR and 40Gb BiDi
● Onboard forward error correction
● PAM4 optical modulation
● Bi-directional optical technology
● Enables incremental upgrade to 100Gb from 10Gb SR or 40Gb BiDi
- We commit to providing excellence in customer service. We are available 24/7, highly responsive, transparent and offer product, transaction and logistics support.
- Our philosophy is to be a part of the solution for our clients, so please contact us with any questions or concerns. Check our feedback rating to see what others thought about their experience with us. We look forward to offering you a Five Star member service.
For more information please visit our support page.