HP BladeSystem c7000 Enclosure w/fans and power – An HPE BladeSystem solution starts with either a BladeSystem c7000 or c3000 enclosure. For the c7000 enclosure, key enclosure options include hot-plug power supplies, power input module, hot-plug HPE Active Cool Fans, and an optional redundant BladeSystem Onboard Administrator module. Once the enclosure and its key components have been selected, the following components can be added: interconnect modules, HPE ProLiant or Integrity server blades, expansion blades, and HPE OneView or Insight Control management software.
NOTE: Insight Control is not supported with Gen10 server blades.
A BladeSystem c7000 Enclosure holds up to 16 server blades and up to 8 compute, storage or workstation blades plus redundant network and storage interconnects. It includes a shared, multi-terabit high-speed midplane for wire-once connectivity of server blades to network and shared storage. Power is delivered through a pooled power backplane that ensures the full capacity of the redundant hot-plug power supplies is available to all system components.
Each c7000 enclosure is built with the following functions:
- Up to 16 half-height server blades, 8 full-height server blades, and/or 8 expansion blades per enclosure (not exceeding 16 total blades).
NOTE: For information on mixing half-height server blades, full-height server blades, and expansion blades, please see the section titled “Device Bay and Fan Bay Numbering and Population Guidelines” later in this document.
- Up to 4 redundant interconnect I/O fabrics (Ethernet, Fibre Channel, InfiniBand, iSCSI, SAS, etc.) supported simultaneously within the enclosure.
- Choice of single-phase high-line AC, three-phase high-line AC, single-phase high voltage AC, -48V DC, or high voltage DC power options for flexibility in connecting to datacenter power.
- HPE Thermal Logic technology to minimize power consumption and reduce cooling.
- A minimum of four hot-plug HPE Active Cool 200 Fans. For additional capacity, redundancy, and improved power consumption and acoustics, Active Cool 200 Fan kits can be added for a maximum of 10 fans.
- Redundant hot-plug cooling, redundant hot-plug power supplies, redundant connections, redundant interconnect modules, and optional redundant BladeSystem Onboard Administrator management module.
An BladeSystem Onboard Administrator management module is built in to the enclosure with the following functions:
- Robust, multiple enclosure setup and control.
- Reports asset and inventory information for the devices in the enclosure.
- Reports thermal and power information, including real-time actual power usage per server and per enclosure.
- Front-mounted Insight Display for easy management within the datacenter.
- Integrated access to all server blade iLOs from a single cable.
- Provides integrated access to interconnect bay device management ports from the single BladeSystem Onboard Administrator cable.
- Single sign-on capability for all devices in the enclosure
- Role-based security locally and/or with LDAP directory services.
- Provides a wizard-based initial setup process for easy configuration.
A BladeSystem c7000 enclosure provides the following benefits:
- With local and remote hardware management integrated across the solution, one full enclosure can be managed as easily as one server.
- Management and network interconnects extend scalability beyond a single enclosure, allowing resources to be pooled and shared across multiple enclosures.
- Accommodates multiple server and network designs in one enclosure.
- Lower costs per server in comparison to rack-mounted servers.
- Lower power consumption in comparison to rack-mounted servers.
- Lower airflow requirements in comparison to rack-mounted servers.
- Reduced and simplified cabling in comparison to rack-mounted servers.
- Investment protection supporting G1 through Gen9 server blades.