The Cisco WS-C3850-48U-L Catalyst 3850 Switch with 48 10/100/1000 Universal Power over Ethernet (UPoE) Ports, 800W PoE capacity, One 1100W AC Power Supply, Second Slot for optional redundant Power Supply, One Slot for Optional Network Modules, 1 RU Form Factor, Stackable, StackWise-480, StackPower, LAN Base feature set.
The Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series provides capabilities that ideally suited to support the convergence of wired and wireless access. The new Cisco Unified Access Data Plane (UADP) application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) powers the switch and enables uniform wired-wireless policy enforcement, application visibility, flexibility, and application optimization. This convergence is built on the resilience of the new and improved Cisco StackWise-480 technology.
The Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series Switches support full IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+), Cisco Universal Power over Ethernet (Cisco UPOE), modular and field-replaceable network modules, RJ45 and fiber-based downlink interfaces, and redundant fans and power supplies.
Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series Switches
● Integrated wireless controller capability with:
◦ Up to 40G of wireless capacity per switch (48-port RJ45 models)
◦ Support for up to 100 access points and 2000 wireless clients on each switching entity (switch or stack)
● 24 and 48 10/100/1000Mbps data PoE+ and Cisco UPOE models with Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
● 24 and 48 100Mbps/1/2.5/5/10 Gbps Cisco UPOE models with Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
● 12- and 24-port 1 Gigabit Ethernet SFP-based models
● 12- and 24-port 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+-based models
● 48-port 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ model with 4 fixed 40 Gigabit Ethernet QSFP+ uplinks
● Cisco StackWise-480 technology provides scalability and resiliency with 480 Gbps of stack throughput
● Cisco StackPower® technology provides power stacking among stack members for power redundancy1
● Five optional uplink modules with 4 x Gigabit Ethernet, 2 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet, 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet, 8 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet4, or 2 x 40 Gigabit Ethernet QSFP+ ports
● Dual redundant, modular power supplies and three modular fans providing redundancy
● Full IEEE 802.3at (PoE+) with 30W power on all copper ports in 1 Rack Unit (RU) form factor
● Cisco UPOE with 60W power per port in 1 Rack Unit (RU) form factor
● IEEE 802.3bz (2.5/5 G/s BASE-T) to go beyond 1 Gb/s with existing Cat5e and Cat6
● IEEE 802.1ba AV Bridging (AVB) built-in to provide better AV experience for including improved time synchronization and QoS
● Software support for IPv4 and IPv6 routing, multicast routing, modular Quality of Service (QoS), Flexible NetFlow (FNF), and enhanced security features