Cisco WS-C3850-24XU-E Ethernet UPOE Switch IP Services
- Cisco WS-C3850-24XU-E Catalyst 3850 Switch, 24 Ports 100Mbps/1/2.5/5/10 Gigabit Ethernet with Universal Power over Ethernet (UPoE), 580W PoE Capacity, One 1100W AC Power Supply, Second Slot for optional redundant Power Supply, One Slot for Optional Network Modules, 1-RU Form Factor, Stackable, StackWise-480, StackPower, IP Services Feature Set
- The digital transformation: Converged wired and wireless access and aggregation
- The promise of digital for your business is all about innovating more quickly while reducing risk, cost, and complexity. It will be your network that forms the foundation of your business’s transformation.
- Cisco DNA is a monumental shift on how to design and build networks. The Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series, as part of the Cisco DNA portfolio of next-generation enterprise-class stackable Ethernet and Multigigabit Ethernet access and aggregation layer switches, securely enables time-saving virtualization, greater automation, and valuable analytics data that directly address your evolving business needs, including less cost to install and operate.
- The Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series provides capabilities that ideally suited to support the convergence of wired and wireless access. The new Cisco Unified Access Data Plane (UADP) Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) powers the switch and enables uniform wired-wireless policy enforcement, application visibility, flexibility, and application optimization. This convergence is built on the resilience of the new and improved Cisco StackWise-480 technology.
- The Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series Switches support full IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+), Cisco Universal Power Over Ethernet (Cisco UPOE), modular and field-replaceable network modules, RJ-45 and fiber-based downlink interfaces, and redundant fans and power supplies.
Cisco Catalyst Multigigabit Ethernet technology
Cisco Multigigabit Ethernet is a unique Cisco innovation to the new Cisco Catalyst Ethernet access switches. With the enormous growth of 802.11ac and new wireless applications, wireless devices are promoting the demand for more network bandwidth. This creates a need for a technology that supports speeds higher than 1 Gbps on all cabling infrastructure. Cisco Multigigabit technology allows you to achieve bandwidth speeds from 1 Gbps through 10 Gbps over traditional Cat 5e cabling or above. In addition, the Multigigabit ports on select Cisco Catalyst switches support UPOE, which is increasingly important for next-generation workspaces and Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystems.
Cisco Multigigabit technology offers significant benefits for a diverse range of speeds, cable types, and PoE power. The benefits can be grouped into three different areas:
- Multiple speeds: Cisco Multigigabit technology supports autonegotiation of multiple speeds on switch ports. The supported speeds are 100 Mbps, 1 Gbps, 2.5 Gbps, and 5 Gbps on Cat 5e cable and up to 10 Gbps over Cat 6a cabling.
- Cable type: The technology supports a wide range of cable types, including Cat 5e, Cat 6, and Cat 6a or above.
- PoE power: The technology supports PoE, PoE+, and UPOE for all the supported speeds and cable types.