Cisco GLC-FE-100LX SFP Module 100BASE-LX SFP Fast Ethernet
The Cisco 100BASE-X Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) device (Figure 1) is a hot-swappable input/output device that plugs into Fast Ethernet ports, dual-rate Fast/Gigabit Ethernet ports, or Gigabit Ethernet ports of a Cisco switch or router, linking the port with the fiber cabling network.
Main features include the following:
- Hot-swappable when deployed, the switch or router does not have to reboot
- Supports the “pay-as-you-populate” model
- Interchangeable with other 100BASE-X SFPs on the same line card
- Supports the Cisco quality ID feature that enables the switch or router to identify whether or not the SFP is a Cisco qualified SFP
Cisco 100BASE-LX10 SFP Cisco GLC-FE-100LX SFP Module 100BASE-LX SFP Fast Ethernet
- The Cisco 100BASE-LX10 SFP operates on ordinary single-mode fiber-optic (SMF) link spans up to 10 km long.
- GLC-FE-100LX modules operate in Fast Ethernet or dual-rate Fast/Gigabit Ethernet ports of Cisco switches and routers.
- GLC-FE-100LX-RGD modules operate in Fast Ethernet or dual-rate Fast/Gigabit Ethernet ports of Cisco Industrial Ethernet and SmartGrid switches and routers.
- These modules are interoperable with industrywide interfaces compliant to the IEEE 100BASE-LX10 standard.