Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services brings distinctive threat-focused next-generation security services to the Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls. It provides comprehensive protection from known and advanced threats, including protection against targeted and persistent malware attacks (Figure 1). Cisco ASA is the world’s most widely deployed, enterprise-class stateful firewall. Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services features these comprehensive capabilities:
● Site-to-site and remote access VPN and advanced clustering provide highly secure, high-performance access and high availability to help ensure business continuity.
● Granular Application Visibility and Control (AVC) supports more than 4,000 application-layer and risk-based controls that can launch tailored intrusion prevention system (IPS) threat detection policies to optimize security effectiveness.
● The industry-leading Cisco ASA with FirePOWER next-generation IPS (NGIPS) provides highly effective threat prevention and full contextual awareness of users, infrastructure, applications, and content to detect multivector threats and automate defense response.
● Reputation- and category-based URL filtering offer comprehensive alerting and control over suspicious web traffic and enforce policies on hundreds of millions of URLs in more than 80 categories.
● AMP provides industry-leading breach detection effectiveness, sandboxing, a low total cost of ownership, and superior protection value that helps you discover, understand, and stop malware and emerging threats missed by other security layers.