Cisco A9K-RSP880-SE Route Switch Processor 880 Line Card
Cisco A9K-RSP880-SE Route Switch Processor 880 Line Card (RSP 880) is the system processor for the Cisco ASR 9010 Router, ASR 9006 Router, and ASR 9904 Router. RSP880-LT is the system processor for ASR 9010, ASR 9006, ASR 9904, ASR 9910 Router and ASR9906 Router. It supports high-density 100 Gigabit Ethernet line cards and provides backward compatibility with the Cisco ASR 9000 Series second family of line cards. The Cisco ASR 9000 RSP 880 system architecture is designed to accommodate new programmable deployment models and convergence of Layer 2 and Layer 3 services, as required by today’s wireline, Data-Center-Interconnect (DCI), and Radio Access Network (RAN) aggregation applications.
The ASR 9000 RSP 880 brings the time-tested and robust carrier-class capabilities of Cisco IOS XR Software to the Carrier Ethernet edge. The operating system supports true software process modularity. And it allows each process to run in separate protected memory, including each routing protocol, along with multiple instances of control, data, and management planes supported. The software also supports distributed route processing.
The ASR 9000 RSP 880 is designed to deliver the high scalability, performance, and fast convergence required for today’s and tomorrow’s demanding video, cloud, and mobile services. These features provide exceptional scale, service flexibility, and high availability:
● Integrated switch fabric architecture:
- Distributed switch fabric architecture
- Multistage low-latency nonblocking architecture
- Service intelligence and traffic prioritization
● Superior network-timing capabilities with support for:
- Centralized Building Integrated Timing Supply (BITS)
- Precision Time Protocol (PTP), or IEEE 1588-2008, through dedicated 10-Mbps or 100-Mbps Ethernet port
- Bidirectional Time of Day (ToD) with 10-MHz and 1-pps interfaces
- We commit to providing excellence in customer service. We are available 24/7, highly responsive, transparent and offer product, transaction and logistics support.
- Our philosophy is to be a part of the solution for our clients, so please contact us with any questions or concerns. Check our feedback rating to see what others thought about their experience with us. We look forward to offering you a Five Star member service.
For more information please visit our support page.